The northern towns of Lake Como such as Domaso and Gravedona are amongst some of the best areas to go swimming in, as this area of the lake has the cleanest water due to being in close proximity to the River Adda that runs into Lake Como. You will also find a lot more space along these beaches as they cater for the campsites nearby. These are mainly pebble beaches.
If you are holidaying in Como or nearby, it is not possible to swim in this area of the lake due to pollution through heavy industry and neglect. However filters are continuously being installed and thanks to new EU laws regarding water pollution, Italy is slowly but surely taking the necessary action to solve this problem.
If you are staying at one of the luxury hotels on Lake Como, then you may have access to an outdoor swimming pool. Alternatively you can visit one of the ‘lidos’ scattered around the lake, some of which have outdoor pools open to the public;
- Lido Griante/Cadenabbia, Via Regina, Griante – with swimming pool, bar, restaurant, changing rooms, entrance fee, sun-loungers avail.
- Lido di Argegno, Viale Lungo Telo di Destra – tel: 031 821100 – 10am-midnight – shingle/grass area, bar, pizzeria.
- Lido’ Cernobbio, Riva di Cernobbio, Tel: 031 513835, Hours: 09:00-18:00, Swimming pool, Sun Loungers are included in the price of the ticket, Entrance fee.
- Lido di Villa Geno (Como), Viale Geno 13, Como, Tel: 031 306127, Hours: 09:30-19:00, Grass area with bar & restaurant Children’s pool, Entrance fee.
- Lido di Villa Olma, Via per Cernobbio 2, Como, Tel: 031 570871, Hours: 10:00-18:00, Area of grass/sand Swimming pool for adults & children, Bar and restaurant, also a Wellness Centre, Entrance fee.
- Lido di Faggeto, Tel: 338683 8671, Hours: 10:00-24:00, Directly on the lake Bar open also in the evening, Free entry.
- Lido Comunale Gravedona , Hours: Mon-Fri 09:00-19:00, Sat-Sun 09:00-22:00, On lakeside with swimming pool For adults andchildren Grass area for sunbathing , Entrance fee.
- Lido di Lenno , Via Commedia 1, Tel: 0344 57093, Hours: 10:00-03:30, Beach with sand Restaurant and bar/disco. Entrance fee from 10:00-17:30 €3 , Free entry after 17:30.
- Lido Giardino Via Roma 11, Menaggio, Tel: 338 569 5450, Hours: 10:00-19:00, Sand and grass area with Swimming pool for adults and one for children, Entrance fee.
- Lido di Moltrasio , Via Regina Vecchia, Tel: 031 290232, Hours: 09:00-19:00, Bar and sunbathing area Entrance fee .
- Porlezza, Aquafun c/o Campeggio, Internationale Tel: 0344 61535, Hours: 10:00-19:00, Large area with two swimming pools (childrens pool with slide) Snack bar . Please note that most lidos are only open during the summer season.