Duomo, Como

The construction of this cathedral started in the 1300’s and was finally completed in the 1700’s.  The cathedral has a gothic facade that dates back to the 15th century and has a portal window with statues of Pliny the Elder and Pliny the Younger on either side.  The interior of the cathedral is adorned with beautiful paintings and tapestries by Rodari and Gaudenzio Ferrari and Bernardino Luini.  There is also an amazing altar carved from marble and onyx which dates back to the 17th century.