Getting around Lake Como by bus is a good method of transport, relatively easy and saves you the hassle of driving. Buses are located in Piazza Cavour and you can also find buses opposite the Como Lago Nord Train Station. You can take the bus from here to various destinations around the lake.
- C10 bus service runs from Como along the west side of the lake and travels as far as Colico at the north-east side of the lake where this bus terminates.
- C20 bus service runs between Como and Argegno and takes a higher panoramic route with more spectacular views. After Argegno the bus heads inland to Lanzio and the Val D’Intelvi.
- C30 bus service runs from Como to Bellagio (through the area between the east and west branches).
- C40 bus service runs from Como to Lecco.
- From Menaggio Bus Station the C10 bus connects with the C12 for Lugano.
Please note that tickets must be purchased prior to boarding the bus, you cannot pay onboard.
Tickets can be bought from some bars and newsagents (tabbachi – usually the ones with the white letter ‘T’ on the black square). For return journeys buy two single tickets.
Approximate journey times;
- Como to Argegno – 40 minutes
- Como to Menaggio – 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Como to Colico – 2 hours, 10 minutes
- Como to Bellagio – 1 hour, 10 minutes –