If the thought of driving all the way to Lake Como Italy plus driving once you arrive is just too much, then why not pre-book a hire car for when you arrive at the airport or train station. Having the use of a car once you are here is a great way to see all the small mountain villages as well as giving you the option to go on day trips to other places, even across the border into Switzerland.
Just a reminder that roads can be very steep in parts and lots of hairpin bends but as long as you pay attention and keep calm but stay alert, you will be fine. You will find major car hire companies located in the airports and near train stations.
Important points for hiring a car;
- You must be at least 18 years old (age may vary by car category) and have held your license for at least one year.
- Drivers under the age of 25 may incur a young driver surcharge.
- You must bring your own national driving licence or one that is internationally recognized.
- Credit-card imprints are taken as a deposit and are normally the only form of payment acceptable. ‘
- Inclusive’ prices do not normally include personal accident insurance or insurance against damage to windscreens, tyres and wheels.